The Miskatonic Institute

I came across this whilst on another google search of all things Lovecraft and Mthos in Montreal. Indeed, I am surprised I haven't chanced acros it before.

Based in Montreal is The Miskatonic Institute of Horror Studies.
The Miskatonic Institute of Horror Studies is a non-profit, community-based curriculum through which established horror writers, directors, scholars and programmers/curators celebrate horror history and culture while helping enthusiastic fans of the genre to gain a critical perspective.
One reason I may not have come across them previously is that my recent searches on the Montreal Mythos have not been concerned solely with the 1920-30s. The second reason is that the Institute itself has only existed since 2010. Mostly it seems to be a forum for discussion of the Horror genre in film, however, there is an uncoming course/event running for 5 weeks called H.P. Lovecraft – From Cosmic Horror to Heavy Metal that I am seriously considering going along to.

So what are you waiting for? If you're in the area, go check them out!

Comments

  1. Hi. I am one of Miskatonic-Montreal's coordinators. Thanks for giving us a shout-out. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, I still hope to make it along to some of your events in the future! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Warren

"They Grow up so Fast" Handout

A Year in Gaming 2022