Games I want to play this year

A recent conversation with my home group pulled into focus a desire I have to run or play a bunch of the games I currently own.

Pulling my books out of storage to populate some nice new bookshelves, has  also meant that I have a visual on the games I own, and want to play.

So, I am formulating a list of games to offer to my players. What I will do is offer them in pairs, and get them to chose one. The full list is as follows:

These games are going to be split into the following pairs:

The One Shot

Escape from Dino Island

A powered by the Apocalypse Engine RPG system, which is one I have not tried, but really think I should. This is basically a Jurassic Park game, made with one-shots firmly in mind, and requires no prep to run, as the table designs the set-up together.

 MÖRK BORG
This is a very different game . Players are scummy villainous dirtbags in a world that is dying, out to get what you can before the world ends. At its heart, it is a dungeon crawl, with very very simple rules, and where the GM never rolls any dice.

This one I have played once, and want to try again. This game is very simple to do as a one shot, but it might turn into a campaign (with the end of the world as the end of the campaign).

The Old Skool Game

This pairing is two games from my youth. One which I played and ran a lot, and another which I played once. WFRP and Star Wars.
I really want to get back to WFRP, and only ever played 1 game of D6 Star Wars. The nostalgia for both is quite strong. By putting this to the vote, I can see where other people have the same feelings. The Mandolorian is also a big factor in making me want to return to the Star Wars Universe.

The One Page Game

Lasers & Feelings and Everyone is John. Both one page pdf games which I want to try. I think the rules for Lasers & Feelings are elegantly simple, and Everyone is John just looks fun. I think for this category, I'm going to give 3 choices, with the third being Honey Heist.

The Retro 80's Games

Kids on Bikes and Tales from the Loop. Both new games looking to hook into the nostalgia for the '80s that is exemplified by Stanger Things and other things of the genre.

Players suggestions

I asked the rest of the group what they wanted to run or play in terms of a wishlist. So far we have :
Vaesen
Best Friends

Looking forward to extending that list, and charting the progess of the choices here on the blog.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Warren

"They Grow up so Fast" Handout