The Star on the Shore

So, I can't help myself. I just backed another Call of Cthulhu Kickstarter, The Star on the Shore. There have been a couple that have passed by that I let go, as the price point was a bit too high, but for $25 US for the softcover book, plus the stretch goals was just about right for me (I couldn't justify the extra $15 US for the hardback. The exchange rate is ok, but not that great).

This is a sandbox type adventure for Call of Cthulhu classic era, released by Dark Cult Games, and licensed by Chaosium. The sandbox is really my preferred type of game to run, but there are not that many adventures written in this style, as most published adventures are shorter and more succinct. I'll be very interested to see how that works out.

I was really taken by the artwork and layout on the cover too. So clearly inspired by the 80s modules and adventures that Chaosum released. How could I refuse.

I'll be sure to let you all know how this one runs, once it arrives and I get a chance to read it and play through it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Warren

"They Grow up so Fast" Handout