#TTRPGwishlist

 This thread was started on twitter by @SKenson. I don't do twitter, so I'm doing it here.

 "my personal wish-list of tabletop roleplaying games to play in or run, if I had unlimited time, energy, and resources..."

To this I'd add "and have the right group." Don't get me wrong, I love my players, but not all players fit all games and vice versa. I think some of the games I want to run on this list are because I don't think they'd fly with some or all of my current players.

Since this is a wish list, I'm going to avoid the games of which I have had a current fix, and can most easily get moving, which is currently Call of Cthulhu, The One Ring, Vampire and Mothership.

Alright, let's see...

  • I have never played, run or read any of the Pelgrane Gumshoe games, While the latter is easily rectified, I would really like to finally get to play one of them. I could make a top 10 list of which specific ones I'd like to play, but let's not make it all about Gumshoe.
  • I want to play in the Great Pendragon Campaign. I have heard so many great things, but my Pendragon experinece runs to making characters once.
  • Powered by the Apocalypse. I wan to try it. This one I don't mind running. I think I'd want to start with Monster of the Week, as that seems to be one that I could get the best buy in for. Working up to Bluebeard's Bride.
  • Getting a scenario I've written into print. The barriers to entry on this are at an all time low, so the publication part is the easy bit. Finishing a projet I've started is what takes the 'unlimited time, energy, and resources' part.
  • Play/run Blades in the Dark. For this one, I don't mind which side of the screen I'm on. 
  • First of the nostalgia based wants. Play a(nother) epic Legend of the 5 Rings campaign. I have done one of these, and it was epic and memorable and I loved it. I know you can never go back, but there are so many Rokugan stories I still want to tell. I may have to even play a non-Scorpion character this time! Note I did not link to the current version of this game by FFG. This is because I don't know yet if I would want to play this version for a long campaign. which leads me to my next point...
  • Play more Deadlands. And not the kiddie Savage World's/Reloaded version, but the grown-up time hogging 'and the kitchen sink' original version with all the chips, cards, dice, bells and whistles. Unlimited time right?
  • Another nostalgia wish, but since you can never go back, I wouldn't go with the same game, but I'd do anything to play a reunion game with the Watch House Buffy group. I don't know what we would play, I'd be tempted to leave the Buffy RPG in the past so as not to mess with it, but I don't know which game I would want us to play. I know these players are now spread all over, and would be highly unlikely to all be in one room, but in these days of online gaming, who knows?
Ok, I'm going to stop at 10, but I could keep going, so be on the look-out for part two of the list.

One thing I would like to say is that on all the lists I read, it's all about the games, But the more I think about it, my wish list would be about who I want to play with. This list is a long list of the friends I've made throughout the years through RPGs, from my first group of school friends who still regulalry get together after 30 years, through the GEAS gang in Edinburgh (who are now all over the globe), and the regulars at NecronomiCon, who I get to see and play with all too infrequently, and finally to the players I have here in Montreal, and to thse that have moved away and we no longer get to see every week. 

That would be my real wish list, to play again with the friends I made along the way!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Warren

"They Grow up so Fast" Handout

A Year in Gaming 2022