RPG a Day 2024: Day 29

 RPG a Day 2024, day 29: Awesome App?


My first thought is that I don't know of any apps that I use. Then I thought some more, and yeah there are a couple. There's the character generator app for the new version of Mothership, Mothership Companion (I have not yet tried it), there's the dice app for Genesys that I have used (as I am not buying those dice. Our GM had to buy 3 sets for the game to work).

Then I got to thinking, what apps do I actually use in gaming, and the answer was obvious. Discord. I use discord as an app and in my browser all the time, and the app on my phone for online gaming. 

Discord was a lifesaver when the pandemic rolled around, and Roll20 had a very poor voice/video interface. Discord has become a place of community/communities online where previous platforms have lost usability. Discord is an awesome app.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Necronomicon Dissection: Part 6, Purchases

The Warren