RPG a Day 2024: Day 3

 RPD a Day: day 3, Most often played game?


Why is the often in bold? Is that to take emphasis away from the word played? Does a GM count as a player? If so, then the answer is by far Call of Cthulhu. Hands down, over the last few years since I got back into RPGs steadily in 2017, I've ran more Call of Cthulhu than any other game (over a hundred sessions), and I've ran more games than I've played.

Now, if the word played is taken to mean only games where I am rolling the bones in front of the screen, then we need to go to the stats.


These are not all games played in the last few years, but only the top hitters. Surprising me, is that both Heirs to Heresy and DCC beat out call of Cthulhu. Mothership also makes a good show for itself. 5e is up there in third, mostly due to playing through the Witchlight campaign. Numenera is in second place with a stunning 51 sessions played, and still going, but I'm very happy that top place goes to The One Ring, due to the masterful Darkening of Mirkwood campaign (masterful in design, and execution by the Loremaster). Another campaign that is still going strong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Necronomicon Dissection: Part 6, Purchases

The Warren