Dragon Warriors

At a recent trip to my FLGS, I was browsing through a new influx of previously loved games. There was what looked to be the whole series of Zweihander (I will not post a link to that, if you know you know), but I do not have either the space mentally, or physically for those books in my house.

What I did find that was of interest, was the almost complete set of the 2000's version of Dragon Warriors.

I had heard of the original British RPG, but I have never seen or played it. These books I did pick up, as the price was more than reasonable. So I am now the owner of an almost complete run.


Only book not to be included in the hoard was In From the Cold. Apart from hearing of this system through podcasts like the Grognard files, the main reason I picked these up was due to the wonderful Jon Hodgson covers.

I did buy the Fabled Lands books that were released back in the 80s, by the same author, and I thought they were a clever take on the choose your own adventure genre.

I have flicked through these, and I can see them working for many different games. There are barrows that will work wonders in the One Ring, knightly tales that will fit well into Pendragon, or monster hunts that will work with that other Jon Hodgson work, Beowulf.

Or I could actually run Dragon Warriors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Necronomicon Dissection: Part 6, Purchases

The Warren