RPG a Day 2024: Day 4

 RPG a Day, day 4: RPG with great art?


So we've gone straight from the objective to the subjective. From countable stats on games played to best art. 

I am no artist, nor a great critic of art. As with most folks, I know what I like, and that's the sole criteria I'll be judging on here.

If we want to go to the foundational works, it terms of foundational RPGs that helped me form my tastes, then there can be no other answer than MERP. With covers painted by the great Angus McBride, and interior works by Liz Danforth, these books cannot be beat. Not to mention those maps.


These days, art has come so far from where it was in the beginning, to the point where we have whole RPGs that were based on artwork, like Tales from the Loop. It is in this vein that I choose Vaesen. Based on the artwork of Johan Egerkrans, this is a world that I eagerly await diving into.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Necronomicon Dissection: Part 6, Purchases

The Warren