RPG a Day 2024: Day 15

 RPG a Day 2024, day 15: Great character gear?


Great character gear? Cyberpunk. Any flavour. Next question?

In cyberpunk, more than any other game, it's all about the gear. This goes for most cyberpunk games, but the R Talsorian Cyberpunk games excel in this. Go look up the chrome books, or the new one, Black Chrome. More than any other game, your character is defined by their gear, and their look (fashion choices, aka gear). 

Shadowrun too, to some extent, though the inclusion of races in that book alleviates the need to show niche through choice of chrome. 

Our current cyberpunk game, Android, falls down on this point for me. There seems to be a distinct lack of gear. I'm playing a runner, and even there, my choices are very limited. This is one of the failures for me. I agree this might be due to my expectations set back in the day by Cyberpunk, but I will not apologise for that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Necronomicon Dissection: Part 6, Purchases

The Warren