RPG a Day 2024: Day 6

 RPG a Day 2024, day 6: RPG that is easy to use?


An RPG that is easy to use? This is a trend in gaming that I am all for. It goes hand in hand with yesterdays question on good to read for me. It's all about accessibility. Simple rules are one thing, but if they are not displayed in a way that is accessible, you're no further forward. 

For me these two qualities are combined effortlessly in a few modern games, but a couple of these I will be highlighting in other questions later in the month, so today I will go with MÖRK BORG


There are so many easy things about this game. The rules are easy, they fit on one page and I would say anyone, veteran or new gamer, can grok them in a short time. They have a free version of the rules (without the art) for anyone to use, character creation takes minutes, or can be done in seconds on their online character generator Scvmbirther. Games can be run with no preparation, and will be satisfying for GM and players. And there are many flavours of game that can be run with this simple system (I'm not linking them all here, go look them up). If I'm stuck, this is one of my go-to games

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Necronomicon Dissection: Part 6, Purchases

The Warren